Deciding to Blog and an Award

A few years ago I decided I wanted to start a blog about the little projects I was doing or recipes that I loved and wanted to share. So I began posting things here and there and loved seeing my projects on my blog. The only problem was, I was completely terrified to put myself out there. The fear of rejection was too much for me, so I didn't tell anybody about it.


One day as I was looking at the blog, I noticed that someone had made a comment on a post. I got so excited and realized that someone found my little blog. Then fear struck me when I realized that SOMEONE HAD FOUND MY LITTLE BLOG!  I immediately made my blog private and there it sat for a couple of years not really giving it a second thought.


 During those couple years I was busy teaching preschool, built a new home, and we decided to have another baby. So I was busy and had plenty to do. After the baby was born, I made the decision not to teach for a few years and was loving all the time I was having with our new son and the time to work on projects that I had been putting off. As I started working on these projects I decided to put them on my blog again but still never told anyone, nor made it public. Until this past April when I decided I was ready to put myself out there and make this blog live. I remember laying awake half the night, sick to my stomach and wondering what in the world I had just done. Who was I to think I had anything creative and inspiring to share with others?


It's been 2 months now and I still have moments where I'm not completely sure of what I'm doing but I'm discovering that there are so many wonderful and kind bloggers out there. It's a lot of work to get your name out and to get people to come to your blog, so when someone leaves an encouraging comment, one of your projects gets featured, or you get a new follower, (yes that's exciting to me) it gives me the push to continue. Within the past month, I've been given the Liebster Blog award and I want to give a big Thank You to these three ladies for giving me the extra boost of confidence that I needed to keep blogging.

A Huge Thank you to:
Megan at The Homes I Have Made



Once a blogger is fortunate enough to be recognized, here are the rules of passing on this encouragement to others:

1) Thank your nominator (and link back!). 
2) Nominate 5 other blogs, with less than 200 followers and post a comment on each blog letting them know they have been given the award. 
3) Copy and paste the award onto your blog.

I would like to pass on the award to the blogs listed below: I enjoy each of these blogs because they inspire me.


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie,

    I can't thank you ENOUGH for this award! I literally got goose bumps when I read this because {like you} I was nervous about starting a blog out of fear of rejection. This truly means a lot to me! Thank you for that. :)

    I look forward to getting to know you throughout my blogging experience.

    Thank you again!

    XoXo

    -Jade Sierra-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and added it to my reading list. :) I started blogging a few years ago but found it too hard to balance work and a child. I now have two kids and am staying at home so I decided to get back into blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to you. As a past recipient of the Liebster it surely does boost your blogging confidence . I have always enjoyed your blog since I found you and wish you alot of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and am very excited that you decided to share with everyone. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, way to put yourself out there! I love your blog and had no idea all the talent you have that you have kept so private!! I will be a follower forever as you are on my Google Reader! Keep up the great posts. Awesome blog made by an awesome person!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for my first ever blog award! You have truly made my day as I, too, am navigating through this new public blogging world. All the best to you, and I look forward to following! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in the same cycle you are with the lenth of being a blogger and figuring it all out too. I loved this article and decided to become a follower of your blog.
    Be Blessed
    Laurie @ Pride In Photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a nice thing for you to do. It'll be a huge encouragement to new bloggers everywhere. :)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHY did I not know about this blog!!!! I just thought it was a Pinterest name and didn't even think twice until you told me that the cookie recipe was on your blog. It took me a day or two to put it together and then I looked it up and sure enough here it is!! I LOVE it!! You have always been so talented and I am super excited that you are finally sharing it with others. I just wish they could all know you personally because you are so amazing! I can't wait to try lots of these things and I will be your #1 fan for sure! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!