Outrageous Chocolate Cookies

If you like chocolate, cookies, and brownies, these are the cookies for you! They are a chewy, chocolate piece of heaven! I absolutely love cookies and have now found another favorite. 


 Outrageous Chocolate Cookies
(recipe from Martha Stewart)

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package semisweet chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring between each, until almost melted; do not overheat. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low and beat in melted chocolate. Mix in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chunks.

Drop heaping tablespoons of dough 2 to 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are shiny and crackly yet soft in the centers, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 2 dozen

*Cookie batter will seem thin. It should look more like brownie batter than a cookie dough.

Photobucket



14 comments:

  1. These look delish! You should link up with me at http://jugglingactmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/co-hosting-marvelous-monday.html today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo glad I found your blog via Naptime Review! following you!!!!! and YUMMMM these look so good!

    http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look so yummy! I'm going to have to try these...

    Hope you're having a great week..
    -Heather
    Stringtown Home

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO yummy! My kids (the big one, too) will love them! Stopping by from the Monday Mingle and now following you.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping in from the Monday Mingle! Those look delish! I like the way they crinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look amazing! New follower from the monday mingle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly...I am a chocolate addict so these are right up my alley! New follower to your blog~hope you will stop by for a visit! Angie
    www.swededreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following by email from the Blog Hop Social.

    These look so so good!

    I would love to try them but I suck at baking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look awesome!! I can't wait to try them! Thanks for sharing! I am a new follower! Would love for you to visit my site and join as well! :)

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cookies look delicious! I would love to try some! (^_^)

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to come from the whipperberry linkup to see how outrageous these cookies were ... They look delicious! You have a lot of awesome ideas on your blog - I am now following. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum. These look great! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!